Canem is a LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) accredited contractor.
- HRIF East Project, University of Alberta
Li Ka Shing Centre for Health Research Innovation (LKS) challenged the
Canem team to find solutions to contain research facility contaminants
and to install remote ballast cabinets complete with thermostat
controlled cooling fans.
- HRIF West Project, University of Alberta
the Katz Group- Rexall Centre for Pharmacy and Health Research
facility, the Canem team was able to find solutions for challenges
associated with fire alarm riser drawings, equipment requirements and
security access power requirements.
- Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium (NAJA)
With the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium project, Canem was challenged to maintain a fixed schedule, work at high elevations, and work with existing hazardous building materials.
- The University of Calgary Veterinary Medicine building has achieved LEED Gold Status for energy efficiency. It houses a state of the art high-definition broadcast system, which can be beamed to any other school or learning facility worldwide. This facility also contains complete water recycling management systems for storm water, animal waste water and wash water, reducing operational costs.
- In 2003, Canem Systems won the Vancouver Regional Construction Association Electrical Contractor Award of Merit in recognition of exceptional attention to quality, teamwork, problem solving and innovation on the Victoria Airport Expansion Project.
- The Centennial Centre for Interdisciplinary Science provides the space, environmental control, and technological capacities to meet teaching, research and technology transfer needs and accommodate the expected growth of the Faculty of Science over the next 10 years.
- Due to fast tracking of the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) HP Centre project, there were times that construction progress was ahead of complete installation drawings. Canem took a proactive approach to generate a great deal of communication and cooperation with their designers and users. This resulted in a greater understanding in the needs of the building and allowed Canem to take preventative installation actions. The collaboration and co-operation from all parties throughout the construction schedule ensured a great success for the NAIT HP Centre project.
- Major renovation and additions to the Red Deer Hospital required the temporary re-location of over 30 departments to accommodate construction.
- Canem worked on five separate contracts covering 7 buildings for the Red Deer Civic Yards. Site work included the installation of of 132 lighting poles and 182 vehicle receptacles on the 75-acre site.