Receive the latest industry news delivered right to your email inbox.
We are now seeking a Payroll Clerk (part time) to join our Human Resource Team in the Corporate Office. The Payroll Clerk is responsible for assisting with the processing and administration of the hourly field payroll for the branches.
General Duties and Responsibilities
The Payroll Clerk will work with the Payroll Team Lead and is responsible for duties including:
• Ensure that timecards are verified and accurately entered into payroll system on a weekly basis for up to 400 hourly staff
• Perform data entry with complete accuracy
• Provide assistance to the Payroll Team Lead with payroll reporting and other related functions including: setting up new hires, preparing of ROE and final payments for departing employees; and year end functions.
• Maintain and manage employee personnel files
• General administration and other duties as assigned
• A minimum of 2 years prior experience in a full cycle payroll for hourly employees
• Experience with working in a unionized environment
• College Diploma or certificate in Accounting or Payroll from an accredited post-secondary institution
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word and Excel
• Experience with Sage Timberline Office software
• Strong organizational abilities and demonstrated attention to detail
• Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Excellent ability to think critically and problem solve
• Effective communication skills verbal and written
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Hours of work:
The scheduled work days for this position will be Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm working 24 hours per week. This position will initially start as part time with the potential to grow to a more full time position as the needs of the business may change.
If you believe you would be the right fit, and you are a motivated team player, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the title “Payroll Clerk” in the subject line.