Receive the latest industry news delivered right to your email inbox.
We are now seeking a Payroll and Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team with the following requirements:
The Payroll and AP Clerk is responsible for assisting with the processing and administration of payroll for the branches. They will also support and assist the accounting department with accounts payable.
General Duties and Responsibilities
The Payroll and AP Clerk will work with the Payroll Administrator and Controller and is responsible for duties including:
• Ensure that timecards are verified and accurately entered into payroll system on a weekly basis for approximately 400 hourly staff
• Assist with payroll reporting and other related functions including: preparing of ROE and final payments for departing employees
• Reconcile T4 statements
• Perform data entry with complete accuracy
• Maintain and manage employee personnel files
• Assisting the Account Payables department with receiving and checking invoices, performing data entry, setting up customers and vendors, and filing.
• Providing administrative support and services as assigned, including front desk relief, credit applications, data entry and verification, etc., and completing special assignments, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management.
• Prior experience in a full cycle payroll for hourly employees (union and non-union) preferred
• Experience in a full cycle accounting related role preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word and Excel
• Experience with Sage Timberline Office software considered an asset
• Demonstrated organizational abilities and attention to detail
• Excellent ability to think critically and problem solve
• Effective communication skills verbal and written
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you believe you would be the right fit, and you are a motivated team player, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the title “Payroll/AP Clerk” in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in your cover letter.