Receive the latest industry news delivered right to your email inbox.
We are now seeking a Payroll Clerk (part time) to join our Human Resource Team in the Corporate Office. The Payroll Clerk is responsible for assisting with the processing and administration of the hourly field payroll for the branches.
General Duties and Responsibilities
The Payroll Clerk will work with the Human Resources Team and is responsible for duties including:
• Ensure that timecards are verified and accurately entered into payroll system on a weekly basis for approximately 400 hourly staff
• Assist with payroll reporting and other related functions including: preparing of ROE and final payments for departing employees
• Reconcile T4 statements
• Perform data entry with accuracy
• Maintain and manage employee personnel files
• General administration and other duties as assigned
• Prior experience in a full cycle payroll for hourly employees (union and non-union) preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word and Excel
• Experience with Sage Timberline Office software or SAP is considered an asset
• Demonstrated organizational abilities and attention to detail
• Excellent ability to think critically and problem solve
• Effective communication skills verbal and written
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Hours of work:
The scheduled work days for this position will be Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm working 24 hours per week. Scheduled work days may be adjusted due to payroll requirements.
If you believe you would be the right fit, and you are a motivated team player, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the title “Payroll Clerk” in the subject line.