Receive the latest industry news delivered right to your email inbox.
We are now seeking an Project Manager Assistant to join our Team in Edmonton:
The Project Manager Assistant is is responsible for supporting and assisting the Project Management team in the effective execution of projects and achievement of goals. General responsibilities include the preparation and documentation of project related documents, supporting estimating and project budgeting processes and managing small projects where assigned. The Project Manager Assistant reports to the Construction Manager or such other person as the Company may designate.
The Project Manager Assistant is responsible for duties including:
• Assisting project managers with the preparation of price, cost and budget estimates, tracking and administering change orders to ensure they are prepared and finalized in accordance with established company standards, supporting ongoing communication with customers, suppliers and electrical engineering consultants, and estimating and managing small jobs as assigned.
• Monitoring and reporting on job billing status and job report status on a monthly basis, assisting project managers with drafting and using engineering programs, ensuring billings are prepared and in accordance with established company standards, assisting in closing projects and supporting the compilation of electrical manual.
• Marketing of the company and selling of potential future projects and work required to expand and maintain our business, building effective relationships with existing and new clients and suppliers, marketing the company and its services to existing and new clients, engineers, planners, and other potential contacts.
• Coordinating aspects of the project as assigned by the project manager including liaising with field staff and attending regular job site meetings, ordering of materials, tools and equipment as directed by the project manager, providing technical support for field staff and customer as required.
• Providing administrative assistance to project managers, including general administration, contract documentation, provision of permits, issuing purchase orders and file maintenance, and participating in pre-planning and preparation of projects.
• Providing an example of professionalism as a responsible and goal-oriented team player and leading by example in achieving excellence and being accountable for results and outcomes.
The Project Manager Assistant position requires a motivated technical individual with excellent knowledge and experience in electrical construction and communication projects, excellent attention to detail and the ability to efficiently prioritize competing tasks. Proficiency in engineering, design and other related computer programs is a requirement.
• 1 – 3 years experience in technical support position for electrical projects
• 2 – 5 years experience in electrical engineering or construction environment
• Strong knowledge in working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook) applications
• Knowledge and ability to work in Prima Vera PC6
• Knowledge and experience in working with Auto CADD
• Excellent ability to think critically and problem solve
• Ability to learn quickly, be flexible and adaptable
• Strong organizational abilities and demonstrated attention to detail
• Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Effective communication skills verbal and written
• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
• A strong work ethic and desire to excel with professional development
• Solutions oriented, diplomacy and ability to initiate new methods and procedures to improve results
• Exposure to construction, engineering or technical environment is a definite asset
• Exposure and knowledge of the security industry is an asset
We offer generous compensation programs and performance driven incentives to reward our people.
If you believe you would be the right fit, and you are a motivated team player and want to work with a dynamic group of professionals, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Project Manager Assistant-Edmonton" in the subject line.