Receive the latest industry news delivered right to your email inbox.
We are now seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Team in Vancouver:
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the effective management of projects assigned and marketing the company and its services to obtain new projects – specifically special projects and service. This includes responsibility for building effective relationships with clients, suppliers and staff and ensuring the effectiveness, quality, compliance and profitability of each project. The Senior Project Manager reports directly to the Construction Manager.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for duties including:
• Building effective relationships with existing and new clients and suppliers, marketing the company and its services to existing and new clients, engineers, planners, and other potential contacts, advising clients about new and effective products and services, actively seeking out new opportunities, projects and clients for Canem and estimating and obtaining new projects.
• Leading pre-planning activities for assigned projects, obtaining agreement on effective project plan, ensuring approved project plan is successfully implemented on site, building positive relationships and a positive image for the company, achieving and exceeding financial profit of projects, and maximizing project cash flow through careful planning and implementation of project.
• Working closely with relevant management staff in writing of quotations and project proposals, administering of contracts, negotiating and obtaining of contracts, preparing tenders for subcontractors and suppliers, awarding subcontracts, and obtaining relevant management approvals for all estimations, proposals and contracts prior to disclosure to an outside party.
• Setting up projects in relevant software applications, and working with general contractors and consultants to ensure success on current projects and future work, scheduling manpower, equipment and material for project, ordering material to ensure material is available when necessary, deciding on which equipment and tools to use.
• Managing project, labour and materials to achieve project outcomes, building positive relationships with crew and foreman; supervising foremen and attending regular site meetings, continuously monitoring projects and controlling costs to maximize project profitability, taking corrective action when necessary and solving problems to achieve or exceed project targets.
• Ensuring quality of workmanship is to company standards, enforce company’s safety policy and identify areas for improvement, providing effective training for foremen and ensuring correct training levels for other staff including apprentices and new employees, and ensuring that all electrical codes, safety codes and proper work practices are followed.
• Working closely with relevant management staff in documentation of project, including the approval of shop drawings, ensuring timely and effective billings, estimating, reviewing, pricing and submitting of all change orders, providing accurate forecasting and project reporting, reporting project progress on a monthly basis and effectively closing out of projects.
• Providing leadership and positive motivation for project staff and company partners by acting as a responsible and goal-oriented team player and leading by example in achieving excellence and being accountable for results and outcomes.
• 3-5 years experience as a Senior Project Manager for an electrical contractor or
• 5-10 years electrical foreman, communications or estimating experience or
• Certification as electrician’s journeyman or CET (electrical background)
• Current knowledge of electrical, building and municipal codes and regulations
• Excellent knowledge of industry products, practices and standards
• Outstanding sales, marketing and networking skills
• Ability to learn quickly, be flexible and adaptable
• Strong organizational abilities and demonstrated attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Able to work independently and in team
• Excellent knowledge of and proficiency in required computer programs
• Knowledge of engineering software and engineering skills an asset
• Knowledge of the data/communication industry an asset
• PMP certification considered an asset
We offer generous compensation programs and performance driven incentives to reward our people.
If you believe you would be the right fit, and you are a motivated team player and want to work with a dynamic group of professionals, please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com quoting "Senior Project Manager-Vancouver" in the subject line.