Receive the latest industry news delivered right to your email inbox.
We are now seeking an Safety Coordinator to join our Vancouver Branch.
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, monitoring and assessing the procedures, protocols and practices that relate to safety within BC. This includes responsibilities for ensuring implementation, training and understanding of safety procedures, protocols and employee safety through compliance with all corporate, local, provincial and federal workplace laws, rules and regulations. The Safety Coordinator reports directly to the Corporate Safety Officer. The Safety Coordinator is responsible for duties assigned by the supervisor, including but not limited to:
• Assessing and maintaining the branch’s safety, environmental, hazard assessment and Occupational Health and Safety standards, procedures and protocols and ensuring that compliance with all local, provincial and federal laws, rules and regulations are being maintained. This includes the creation and implementation of safety procedures and policies as necessary.
• Coordination and conducting the man power and training of all branch staff in all safety related programs e.g.: WHMIS, equipment operation, fall protection, first aid, health and forklift training, etc.
• Monitor and/or assist safety maintenance programs on all company owned or rented equipment
• Work with the management team in Richmond to ensure all man power needs are met
• Participation and monitoring the quality and effectiveness of toolbox meetings, training sessions, safety inspections.
• Conducting on site orientation, monitoring onsite procedures and work processes, developing safe work practices and procedures with site personnel, maintaining personal protective equipment policies and standards, maintaining safety information and records, coordinating and facilitating safety training for employees and acting as a safety resource for branch employees.
• Review and coordinate all aspects (including claims) of an incident investigation/report including health, safety, environment, medical, first aid cases, and damage to property or equipment and verify that corrective action has been completed.
• Conducting audits and inspections of projects and providing assessment to project supervisor.
• Providing leadership and positive motivation for project staff and company partners by acting as a responsible and goal-oriented team player and leading by example in achieving excellence and being accountable for results and outcomes.
• 4-8 years hands on electrician experience on construction projects
• Safety Certification e.g. CSO, CSS, NCSO, GSC
• Positive, self-motivated and team attitude
• Outstanding people and leadership skills
• Excellent organizational abilities and demonstrated attention to detail
• Proficiency and knowledge in required computer programs
• Excellent knowledge of local, provincial and federal safety laws, rules and regulations Occupational Health and Safety standards, procedures and protocols.
• Excellent problem-solving and planning abilities
• Excellent knowledge of industry products, practices and standards
• Strong organizational abilities and demonstrated attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi-task and prioritize
We offer generous compensation programs and performance driven incentives to reward our people.
If you believe you would be the right fit, and you are a motivated team player, please send your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectation in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the title “Safety Coordinator– Vancouver” in the subject line.